How do I get a copy of a police or accident report?

Reports may be obtained at the Topsham Police Department by contacting Records, Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. in person or by phone at (207)725-4337.  Reports may be obtained for a fee.  Accident Reports are also available on-line by clicking the link on our Home page.  You will need to enter the Incident Report number given to you by the officer.

How do I make a report to the police?

Contact the Sagadahoc County Communications Center at 9-1-1 for emergencies, or (207)443-9711 for non-emergencies.  To reach the Police Department for routine or administrative business call (207) 725-4337. Walk-in complaints are also taken during normal reception business hours 7:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.  You may contact the Sagadahoc County Communications Center using the telephone in the lobby of the Public Safety Building whenever our reception office is closed.

How do I contact the Animal Control Officer?

The Animal Control Officer may be reached by calling the Topsham Police Department at (207) 725-4337 or Sagadahoc County Communications at 443-9711.

Does the police department do fingerprints for the public?

Fingerprints may be obtained at the Topsham Police Department during normal business hours for Topsham residents only. Calling ahead for an appointment will assist in making sure an officer is available. 

Does the police department unlock vehicles?

Due to liability reasons, the Topsham Police Department does not unlock vehicles. Persons in need of assistance may contact AAA Road Service if they are an AAA member, a wrecker service or a locksmith.